FAA and ICAO Certified Instrument Procedure Designers
HUGHES is a FAA and ICAO Certified Third Party Air Navigation Services Provider, providing the latest technology in Performance Based Navigation (PBN) and Conventional Instrument Flight Procedure design, validation and maintenance services. Join the growing list of discerning international customers: Airlines, Regulators, Corporate & Helicopter Operators who have made the switch to HUGHES.
- RNAV – GNSS
- RNP AR
- WAAS LPV/SBAS APV
- Helicopter IFR Procedures – Instrument Approaches, Routes and Maintenance
- GBAS GLS – With our strategic partner Honeywell, we are the only source of certified GBAS Precision Landing Systems in the world.
- RNAV Visual Approaches
- SID/STAR Development – CDO’s
- ILS, VOR. DME, NDB
- Complete Systems Based Navigation Services
- Instrument Flight Procedure Design – Certified for both PANSOPS and TERPS criteria
- Conventional Instrument Procedures – ILS, VOR, DME, NDB
- Flight Validation, Simulator Validation, Obstacle Validation
- Heliport IFR Evaluations
- ICAO Annex 14 Obstacle Survey
- PBN Roadmaps and Business Plans
- GBAS – FAA/ICAO Approved Ground Based Augmentation Stations – GLS Approaches
- Air Traffic Management & Engineering Services
- Flight Inspection
- Navigation Data Coding, Storage & Management
We have participated in numerous airspace redesign projects in large metropolitan areas, with proven success in increasing throughput, reducing delays and environmental impact. Hughes is uniquely positioned to offer RNAV/RNP, but qualified to deliver the more precise three dimensional paths of WAAS LPV and GBAS GLS augmented GPS navigation procedures. WAAS LPV differential GPS offers superior accuracy provides lower minimums and a higher margin of safety than non-augmented or “raw” GPS navigation.
Licenses & Certifications
ICAO – Hughes is one of a few organizations in the world to have received ICAO Endorsement as an approved Third-Party Air Navigation Services Provider. We are qualified for both Conventional and PBN Navigation Procedures. Hughes is also a part of the ICAO PBN “Go-Team” and has worked with ICAO member states on PBN implementations.
FAA – Hughes possess FAA Third Party Authorization to provide Public & Special Instrument Flight Procedures. Specifically, our certifications allow us to design, implement and maintain Instrument Flight Procedures. Hughes FAA approved program includes Validation Services involving Simulator, Flight and Obstacle Validation for both Public & Special Navigation Procedures. Additionally, Hughes possesses FAA Third Party Authorization to perform FAA Heliport Evaluations. Hughes Aerospace has and its own aircraft and FAA approved equipment, necessary to provide a very efficient, timely turnkey response for both new and existing
procedures including IFP Maintenance & NOTAM Service.
UAE – Hughes Aerospace has received a license for Instrument
Flight Procedure Design in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from the
UAE General Civil Aviation Authority. The Director General has presented Hughes Aerospace Corporation a license for procedure design in the United Hughes COPTER GPS Approaches & Departures Arab Emirates.
Oman – Hughes Aerospace has an Instrument Flight Procedure Design License from the Sultanate of Oman and has worked closely with the CAA to implement the first PBN procedures in Oman.
Philippines –The Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines awarded Hughes a Third-Party license to develop Instrument Flight Procedures throughout the Philippines.
Hughes and its leadership are members and/or advisors in the following organizations:
- HAI – Helicopter Association International
- ICAO – PBN Go-Team
- IHST – International Helicopter Safety Team
- Royal Aeronautical Society – Flight Test Committee
- Aviation Week & Space Technology – Member, NextGen Board of Directors